Accounts Payable Clerk
- Location: Chadderton
- Job Type: Permanent
- Consultant: Sophie Regan
- Sector: Accountancy & Finance
- Salary: £20,000 - £23,000
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Posted: 3 months ago
The right person for this role will have a solid understanding of the Accounts Payable process, with a natural drive and enthusiasm to progress and continue learning within the accounts function. You would be working in a small accounts team, reporting to the Financial Controller.
*Free onsite parking
- Inputting purchase invoices to the ledger in a timely manner.
- Running weekly payment runs to ensure effective credit control is followed, allowing to maintain strong relationships with suppliers, whilst managing working capital effectively.
- Matching invoices with their respective delivery note(s) and purchase order(s). Investigating any discrepancies to ensure stock figures are as accurate as possible.
- Ensuring all invoices are correctly authorised before payment.
- Payment to other, internal stakeholders (such as self-employed members of staff) on a weekly basis
- Addressing any urgent issues with suppliers and responding to queries.
- Reconciliation of supplier statements at month-end in a timely manner to assist the financial controller with month-end processes.
- Any other reasonable duties requested by the Financial Controller
Experience & Skill Requirements:
- Experience working within Accounts Payable (minimum 1 year)
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Keen eye for detail
- Good Time Management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, in particular Excel and Outlook
For further discussion and consideration, please call Finola Kelly on 0161 622 9899
Please note that Mpeople Recruitment can not always respond to all applicants due to the high volume of CV's received on a daily basis. Should you not receive a response within 5 working days please accept this as not been successful. Mpeople wish you all the best in your job search.